XAMPP is a powerfull software that helps us to use our computer system as a server. It helps learners to practice web designing and development projects in a computer system. For new learners, xampp appears bit complex. Lets see how to start xampp.
START XAMPP IN WINDOWS OS AND MAC OS X – Step by Step Guide
The best part of xampp, it provides an easy interface to launch and stop server in a computer system. By this with out depending upon on command prompt(if you are using windows) or terminal (if you are using mac os x), we can simply know from the interface whether the server is running or has stopped. Lets see launching of xampp individually.
Start XAMPP in windows operating system
- Locate the installed xampp application icon.
- Double click on it. It will launch language selection screen. Select your desired language. And click save.(it wont appear again)
- Then the xampp interface for windows screen will appear
- Then, click ‘start’ button for Apache.
- Then, click ‘start’ button for MySQL
- Wait till Apache and MySQL turns green and various readings under PID and Port appear. We have successfully started xampp in windows.
NOTE: To know whether xampp is running or not, open browser and visit url ‘http://localhost/’ then following xampp dashboard will appear.
Start XAMPP in MAC OS X
- Launch xampp from application folder. Then following warning message is going to appear
Click on open.
- Then following xampp interface for mac os x will appear.
- You could see five menu links (General, Services, Network, Volumes, Log). In general page, click on start button.
Once the red light turns into green, and a ip address appears, then click on services link.
- The following screen will appear.
Click on start button and wait till the red symbol beside to apache, mysql and proFTPD turns into green.
- Then click on Network link, following screen appears.
Then click on enable button. and wait till one of the red symbol turns into green.
And we are ready.
NOTE:To know whether xampp is running or not, open browser and visit url ‘http://localhost:8080/’ then following xampp dashboard will appear.
If you see above dashboard, then you have successfully started xampp in mac os.
Stop XAMPP in windows operating system and MAC OS X
To stop xampp in Windows operatin system, open the xampp interface and click stop button for Apache and MySQL. Thats it.
To stop xampp in MAC OS X, open the xampp interface, surf to General menu page and click on Stop. Thats it.